Teaching Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
Dr. Hongyan Liu joined the faculty as an Associate Teaching Professor in Spring 2015 after serving as an adjunct teaching professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Mines since Fall 2013. Prior to this appointment, she have also been teaching at University of Minnesota Duluth from Spring 2012 as a McKnight Visiting Assistant Professor. Dr. Liu’s teaching interests are focused on engineering mechanics, structural analysis and design, and engineering materials. She has been teaching Statics and Mechanics of Material since she joined Mines. Dr. Liu’s research background was mainly in structural engineering and earthquake engineering.
- PhD, Civil Engineering, Colorado State University
- MS, Civil Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, China
- BS, Civil Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, China
- H.Liu and J.W. van de Lindt. (2011). Prescriptive Approach to the Performance-Based Seismic Design of Low-Rise Residential Buildings. ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 25(4): 268-276.
- J.W. van de Lindt, H.Liu, M. D. Symans and J.K. Shinde. (2011). Seismic Performance and Modeling of a Half-Scale Base Isolated Wood Frame Building. Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 15(3): 469-490.
- J.W. van de Lindt, H. Liu, and S. Pei (2007). Performance of a woodframe structure during full-scale shake table tests: Drift, damage, and effect of partition wall. ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 21(1), 35-43.
- J.W. van de Lindt, S. Pei, and H. Liu (2008). Performance-Based Seismic Design of Wood Frame Buildings using a Probabilistic System Identification Concept. ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, 134(2), 240-247.
- J.W. van de Lindt and H. Liu (2007). Non-Structural Elements in Performance-Based Seismic Design of Woodframe Structures. ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, 133(3), 432-439.
- J.W. van de Lindt, S. Pei, H. Liu, and A. Filiatrault. (2010). Three-Dimensional Seismic Response of a Full-Scale Light-Frame Wood Building: Numerical Study. ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering. 136(1): 56-65.