Panos Demetrios Kiousis
Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
In general my research interests are at the interface of structural and geotechnical engineering. High Strength Concrete; Self Consolidating Concrete; Soil Structure Interaction; Dynamic Controls; Earthquake Engineering; Constitutive Modeling of Materials; Computational Methods and Finite Elements.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering (5 year program) – Democritus University of Thrace, Greece.
- PhD in Civil Engineering, Louisiana State University
- “High Strength Self-Consolidating Recycled Concrete Aggregate Concrete,” C. G. Fakitsas, P. E. A. Papakonstantinou, P. D. Kiousis, and A. Savva, ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, To Appear in the April 2012 issue.
- “Truss Modeling of Concrete Columns in Compression,” Panos D. Kiousis, P. G. Papadopoulos, H. Xenidis, ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 136, No.8, pp 1006-1014, 2010.
- “Development of Self-Consolidating Concrete for Thin Wall Applications Including Validation” Brent L. Whitcomb and Panos D. Kiousis, ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 21, No 10, pp587-593, 2009.
- “Analytical modeling of Plastic Behaviour of Uniformly FRP Confined Concrete Members” Theodoros C. Rousakis, Athanasios I. Karabinis, Panos D. Kiousis and Ralejs Tepfers, Composites Part B: Engineering Journal. Vol. 39, 2008, pp 1104-1113.
- “A Resetting Stiffness Dynamic Controller and its Bench-Scale Implementation,” Josh Erramouspe, Panos D. Kiousis, Richard Christenson, and Tyrone Vincent, Engineering Structures, Vol. 29, No 10, Oct 2007, pp 2602-2610.
- “Elastoplastic Medium for Foundation Settlements and Monotonic Soil-Structure Interaction under Combined Loadings,” Dawn E. Conniff and Panos D. Kiousis, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, Vol. 31 pp.789-807, 2007.
- “Bending ductility of rectangular high strength concrete columns,” Jonathan M. Woods, Panos D. Kiousis, Mohammad R. Ehsani, Hamid Saadatmanesh and Wolfgang Fritz, Engineering Structures, Volume 29, Issue 8, pp 1783-1790, 2007.
- “FRP-confined concrete members: Axial compression experiments and plasticity modeling,” Theodoros C. Rousakis, Athanasios I. Karabinis and Panos D. Kiousis, Engineering Structures, Volume 29, Issue 7, pp 1343-1353, 2007.
- “Design Optimization of Reinforced Concrete Structures,” Andrés Guerra and Panos D. Kiousis, Computers and Concrete, Vol. 3, No.5, pp 313-334, 2006.
- “A Least-Squares Finite Element Evaluation of Flow Nets,” Panos D. Kiousis, ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Vol. 128, No. 8, pp. 699-701, 2002.
- “Confinement Effects on High Strength Concrete,” Hong Mei, Panos D. Kiousis, Mohammad R. Ehsani, and Hamid Saadatmanesh, ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 98, No. 4, pp. 548-553, 2001.
- “Plasticity Model for Reinforced Concrete Elements Subjected to Overloads”, A. I. Karabinis and P. D. Kiousis ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 127, No. 11, pp. 1251-1256, 2001.
- “Nitrate Electromigration in Sandy Soil in the Presence of Hydraulic Flow,” N. Eid, D. Larson, D. Slack, and P. D. Kiousis, ASCE Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, Vol. 125, No. 1, pp.7-11, 1999.
- “Behavior of Cemented Sands, Part II : Modeling,” A.A. Abdulla and P. D. Kiousis, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, Vol. 21, pp. 549-568, 1997.
- “Behavior of Cemented Sands, Part I : Testing,” A.A. Abdulla and P. D. Kiousis, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, Vol. 21, pp. 533-547, 1997.