Assistant Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- PhD, Civil Engineering, Colorado State University, December, 2007.
- BS, Civil Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, China, June, 2000.
- Mechanistic models and non-linear structural dynamics
- Hazard mitigation and resilient infrastructure system
- Traditional and innovative timber systems
- Large scale dynamic testing and monitoring
- Performance-based engineering
- Structural reliability
- Earthquake induced loss analysis
Honors and Awards
- Raymond C. Reese Research Prize, ASCE, 2012.
- EXCEED (Excellence in Civil Engineering Education) Teaching Fellowship, ASCE, 2012.
- Outstanding Reviewer for ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, 2012.
- S. Pei, M. Popovski, and J.W. van de Lindt “Analytical study on seismic force modification factors for cross laminated timber buildings for NBCC” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Accepted.
- S. Pei, J.W. van de Lindt, and M. Popovski “Approximate R-Factor for Cross Laminated Timber Walls in Multi-story Buildings” Journal of Architectural Engineering, In Press.
- S. Pei , J.W. van de Lindt , N. Wehbe , and H. Liu (2013) “Experimental study of collapse limits for wood frame shear walls” Journal of Structural Engineering, 139(9): 1489-1497
- J.W. van de Lindt, S. Pei, T. Dao, A. Graettinger, D.O. Prevatt, R. Gupta, and W. Coulbourne (2013) “A Dual-objective-based tornado design philosophy” Journal of Structural Engineering, 139(2): 251-263
- K. Lucksiri, T. H. Miller, R. Gupta, S. Pei, J.W. van de Lindt (2012)“A procedure for rapid visual screening for seismic safety of wood-frame dwellings with plan irregularity” Engineering Structures, 36, 351-359.
- J.W. van de Lindt, S. Pei, W.C. Pang, and M. Hassansadeh (2012) “Collapse testing and analysis of a light-frame wood garage wall” Journal of Structural Engineering, 138(4): 492-501.
- S. Pei and J.W. van de Lindt. (2011) “Seismic Numerical modeling of a six-story light-frame wood building: Comparison with experiments” Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 15(6): 924-941.
- J.W. van de Lindt, S. Pei, S.E. Pryor, H. Shimizu, and H. Isoda. (2010) “Experimental seismic response of a full-scale six-story light-frame wood building” ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, 136(10): 1262-1272.
- S. Pei, J.W. van de Lindt, and C.Ni. (2010) “Experimental seismic behavior of a five-story double-midply wood shear wall in a full scale building”, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering. 37(9): 1261-1269.
- S. Pei and J.W. van de Lindt. (2010) “Influence of structural properties and hazard level on seismic loss estimation for light-frame wood structures”, Engineering Structures. 32(8): 2183-2191.
- G. Black, R.A. Davidson, S. Pei, and J.W. van de Lindt (2010) “Empirical loss analysis to support definition of seismic performance objectives for woodframe buildings”, Structural Safety, 32: 209-219.
- J.W. van de Lindt, S. Pei, W.C. Pang, and D.V. Rosowsky (2010) “IDA comparison of an IBC-designed and DDD six-story light-frame wood building” ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities (technical note), 25(2): 138-142.
- J.W. van de Lindt, S. Pei, H. Liu, and A. Filiatrault. (2010) “Three-Dimensional Seismic Response of a Full-Scale Light-Frame Wood Building: Numerical Study”, ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering. 136(1): 56-65.
- S. Pei and J.W. van de Lindt. (2009). “Coupled shear-bending formulation for seismic analysis of stacked wood shear wall systems” Earthquake Eng. and Structural Dynamics, 38 (14): 1631-1647.
- S. Pei and J.W. van de Lindt. (2009) “Systematic seismic design for manageable loss in woodframe buildings”, Earthquake Spectra, 25(4), 851-868.
- S. Pei, and J.W. van de Lindt. (2009). “Methodology for earthquake-induced loss estimation: An application to woodframe buildings.” Structural Safety, 31(1), 31-42.