Assistant Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
My general research interest is to advance the understanding of the behavior of saturated and unsaturated soils, particularly focusing on their hydrological and mechanical properties. I have worked with the CSM/USGS research group in problems related to fluid flow through variably saturated porous media, shear strength in saturated and unsaturated soils, and infiltration-induced slope instability analysis. I am interested in teaching classes related to Soil Mechanics, I have taught the Soil Mechanics Laboratory (EGGN363) for the past three years.
- PhD, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, MO
- MS, Systems Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO
- BS, Engineering, Civil Specialty, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO
- Wayllace, A., Lu, N.,(2012)”A Transient Water Release and Imbibitions Method for Rapidly Measuring Wetting and Drying Soil Water Retention and Hydraulic Conductivity Functions,” Geotechnical Testing Journal, Vol. 35, No 1.
- Likos, W.J., Wayllace, A., Lu, N. and Godt, J., (2010) “Modified direct shear apparatus for unsaturated sands under low suction and stress,” Journal of Geotechnical Testing, VOL. 33 (5).
- Likos, W.J., Wayllace, A. (2010) “Porosity Evolution of Free and Confined Bentonites During Interlayer Hydration” Clays and Clay Minerals, Vol. 58 (3), pp. 399-414.
- D. Jougnot, A. Revil, N. Lu, A. Wayllace (2010) “Transport properties of the Calloxo-Oxfordian clay-rock under partially saturated conditions,” Journal of Water Resources, VOL. 46, W08514, doi:10.1029/2009WR008552.
- S. Nam, M. Gutierrez, P. Diplas, J. Petrie, A. Wayllace, N. Lu, J. Muñoz (2009) “Comparison of testing techniques and models for establishing the SWCC of riverbank soils,” Eng. Geology, VOL. 110, pp. 1-10.
- Lu, N., Wayllace, A., Carrera, J., and Likos, W.J. (2006) “Constant Flow Method for Concurrently Measuring Soil-Water Characteristic Curve and Hydraulic Conductivity Function,” Geotechnical Testing Journal (ASTM), Vol. 29(3), 256-266, 2006